Thursday, July 1, 2010

Grilled PB & J

I was making a quick lunch for jess and I- PB & J with grilled pineapple rings. I used a cast iron griddle to grill the pineapple and decided to try grilling my PB & J...delicious! Next time, I'm going to try sprinkling a little cinnamon on top of the PB & J. I'm also going to try this with a peanut butter, banana and honey sandwich.



Ingredients:

PB & J (I like to make mine a triple-decker)
2 pineapple rings
Cinnamon, to taste

1. Heat up the griddle (or grill or a skillet if that's what you have) to high heat. Assemble your PB & J however you like it. Lay the pineapple rings on the griddle and sprinkle cinnamon on the top. Check the bottoms of the pineapple after a few minutes and flip when they have dark brown grill marks on them. Do the same for the other side.

2. Once the pineapple rings are done, grill your PB & J the same way you did the pineapple rings. Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I havent had lunch yet, so this picture is making me really hungry!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made grilled PB&Js a little differently. I make them like I make grilled cheeses: butter the outer sides of the bread and then fry on a pan. The ooziness of the PB&J mixed with the delectability of the grease... mmmm.
    Yours is most definitely healthier, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin, I am waiting for my next recipe to drool over...
    Nothing special for us, mom burned the beets she was supposedly boiling, when she went to take booter out to potty and forgot to tell me that there were beets on the stove... uh oh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KEVIN!!! where is our next recipe? Are you too busy fighting fires?

    ReplyDelete